Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Medicine and me

Most of you know my plight - the randomness of my life first affected my health and now it affects my healing as well.

None of the treatments I have been on for the last 3-4 years have been effective or I have not effectively used them. either way I still suffer from gastric problems, skin allergies and a wicked limp on really cold days.
and not to mention several other random aches and pains I feel these days.

I was not exactly the epitome of health to start with but I was sturdy (I imagine) I don't remember being sickly or that frequently unwell. I fell pray to illness like any kid but survived the pain and healing gracefully and yet for the last 3 years I have been haunted by minor but irritating health troubles that have reduced me to a moaning, hopeless, perennially sulking hypochondriac.

But apart from my own personal failures I blame my plight on the health care system. I don't trust most doctors, don't get me wrong I have met more than a few good doctors and some greats but as a whole the health care system seems to be purely driven to produce profits these days. I miss the good old days when a good doctor was considered as good as devine and the doctors themselves where intrested first in curing ailments rather than meeting their quota.

cheers,
Govind

No comments:

Post a Comment